Dummy or comforter How do you call a thing a baby usually sucks ?
Oct 30, 2019 7:38 PM
Answers · 5
In Britain and Australia, the object you describe is called a 'dummy'; in the USA and Canada, it's a 'pacifier'. The word 'comforter' is used to describe a quilted bed covering in American English. As far as I know, nobody uses this word to refer to a dummy/pacifier.
October 30, 2019
What about a comforter ? Is it used ?
October 30, 2019
Pacifier or binky
October 30, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, Russian
Learning Language