Tang Lei
words about clothes I learn two words on English podcast zip-up clothes pull-over clothes but how to describe a clothes witch using bottons instead of zipper ?
Nov 14, 2019 5:09 AM
Answers · 5
I learnT two words on AN English podcast ... but how DO I describe _ clothes which have bUttons instead of A zipper ? I guess you could say "button-up clothes". Really, those phrases don't seem very common or useful to me. I don't think I would ever use that as a description. Or was it more specific, such as 'a zip up jacket'. What was the podcast? Can you give a link?
November 14, 2019
Tang Lei, Gary did the right thing to correct all the mistakes in your post and you need to take notice of his corrections. There is just one thing that you need to be aware of, though, seeing you seem to be learning American English: In British English - also used in Australia and New Zealand - the past of 'learn' is 'learnt'. But note that 'learnt' is not seen as acceptable in American English. An American teacher would consider 'learnt' to be wrong and would amend this to 'learned'. And one final point. Do not write 'u'. This is not a word. Native English speakers find it irritating when learners write u instead of 'you' because this looks lazy and rude. If you want to thank someone, say 'Thank you'.
November 14, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Tang Lei
Language Skills
Chinese (Mandarin), English
Learning Language