What is the man in the picture doing? What is the man in the picture doing? Here is the picture. Is it OK to say, "I think the old man is in some kind of COLLUSION." Or there's a better word. Thank you!
Nov 14, 2019 2:13 PM
Answers · 4
Hi, If you mean the way he is closing one eye, then that is called a 'wink' (close and open one eye quickly, typically to indicate that something is a joke or a secret or as a signal of affection or greeting.) 'Wink' is both a verb and a noun. So you can say "The man is winking at the woman." 'Collusion' doesn't really work in this context. It's a more formal thing. For example "The law was never very effective at stopping organised crime because the police were in collusion with the Mafia."
November 14, 2019
Still haven’t found your answers?
Write down your questions and let the native speakers help you!
Language Skills
English, French, Russian, Ukrainian
Learning Language
English, French