Check out our updated Community
Ootred 秋 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒
Is this a correct sentence? - "She dashes her digits along the tree trunk." If so, what does "dash" mean in this sentence? Thanks.
Hi! Dash can also mean to strike or fling something somewhere with force: the ship was dashed upon the rocks. I understand what you are trying to say in this sentence but I wouldnt use this word in this context. To dash has more of an extreme and violent feeling to it when wanting to use it in this way/context. I would rather say: She drags her digits along the tree trunk. Even more natural: She drags her fingers along the tree trunk. If you wanted it to have a more extreme or violent meaning, then: She dashes her hand against the tree trunk as she runs through the forest. I hope this helps a bit!
I am not sure what the sentence means but dash can mean fast or to do something quickly . For example, I am going to dash to the shops.
She dashes along the tree trunk 更好
She dashes her digits along the tree trunk , meaning: She hurts her digits along the tree trunk. or she destroys her toes during climbing tree. but I find such sentence is somewhat odd one though easily being understood.
Ootred 秋 🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Japanese