emar
Too many bank holidays may damage the economy, does it make sense ? The paragraph goes: Spain is one of the countries with more national holidays in the world , some due to culture or religion . But a disadvantage is that during these bank holidays economy is damaged mainly the sectors of industry and education I just need to know if it makes sense Thank you
5
0
I agree with Heather's correction, but I'd suggest for the last phrase: "the industry and education sectors may suffer."
Yes, it makes sense. I would write it as: Spain is one of the countries with the most national holidays in the world, mostly for cultural or religious reasons. A disadvantage is that during these bank holidays, the economy may be damaged, mainly in the sectors of industry and education.
Hi, I'm a native English speaker. I'm going to offer my correction below. Keep in mind that I'm not an English instructor, so this may or may not be totally grammatically correct. "Spain has more bank holidays than most other countries in the world. Some of these holidays are for religious reasons and some are for cultural reasons. A disadvantage of this is that sectors of the economy, like industry and education, are damaged by having many bank holidays each year."
emar