Pelin
Is this sentence OK? We get along well as we've never got before.
6
0
I would recommend "We get along better than ever" You could also say "We get along like never before" oh and you may hear the phrase- "we get along like a house on fire!" which is actually a positive thing- meaning that they get along really well!
We get along well as we've never done before. We get along well like never did before. We get along as well as we've never done before. as well as we --> is the more natural way. or use the - +er way like Ammo D suggests --- better than This is more instinctive and the way it is used on the street. it's a case of being taught one grammatical way in class, but on the street people use 'better' Even though some teaches and purists say better sounds common it is not, it is English. see this video. "I had better" "I had better not" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ4yvTzW_Xw you phrase is a version of the first "GOOD" positive outcome discussed in the video. Note I am not recommending the channel, just using it to give you a close example of "Better" being the "Better" way to phrase this type of phrase. Ignore teachers that say "better" is common and vulgar. it's just "better" and common. "we get along better than ever" positive like Ammo D suggests.
we get along well like we've never gotten before
Pelin
English, Turkish