emar
"Postponement of the trip' sounds weird what word could I use instead? The beginning of the email goes : Have you heard about the postponement of the trip? The weather doesn't allow it. Could you rephrase it for me ? Thank you
10
0
Your sentence is not incorrect, but if it's a casual trip, it might be phrased a little too formal. If you still want to use "postponed", a way to say the same thing that might sound more natural is "Did you hear that the trip got postponed?". You could also swap "postponed" for "pushed forward".
"The trip has been delayed due to bad weather. Have you heard?" "The trip has been rescheduled..." "The trip has been put off..."
It might sound a little more relaxed to say, "Did you hear the trip was postponed due to the weather?"
Sounds fine to me. Or, as Daniel said: "Have you heard about the trip being postponed?" "The weather doesn't allow it" is definitely not natural U.S. English.
It sounds alright to me. I thought of "Have you heard about the the trip being postponed?", but this sounds rather weird and possibly ambiguous.
emar