Auspicious
How do you decide if a stop consonant is voiced or voiceless? When a stop consonant comes in an internal position(not at the beginning) within a word or a phrase that you say as a whole and without a pause ( as "Столицы [Б]ольшие и шумные"), I cannot tell by timbre or the nature of the sound wether it is voiced or voiceless. Can you please help me? How do you distinguish a voiced stop consonant from its unaspirated voiceless counterpart? ○ Word examples with the voiced stops in the internal positions: солДат орГан гороДа стуДент ○ Word examples with the voiceless stops in the internal positions: асТра ленТа оркесТр ○ Word examples with both voiced and voiceless stops in the internal positions: синТаГма оДумТься
2
0
@ Bill Holt I knew about the wrong label and tried to edit. But it seemed it couldn't be edited.
You have labeled this question as being a question about learning English. However, it is a question about learning Russian. You might want to edit the learning language label for this question.
Auspicious
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish