Dinghui
Is this sentence correct? Is there any more native expression? Since I understand architecture, planning, economy, society and government policy, I always have a point of view of interdiscipline, therefore media like to have an interview with me.
23 de ago de 2020 10:45
6
0
CORRECT: Since I understand architecture, planning, economics, social science, and government policy, I have an interdisciplinary point of view. Therefore,/That's why the media likes to interview me.
24 de Agosto de 2020
Thank you!
25 de Agosto de 2020
"Since I study architecture, planning, economics, society and government policy, I always have an interdisciplinary point of view, so I am often asked for an opinion by the media." "Understand" is a big claim. "Cover" might work. "Study" shows humility. "Research" or "teach" might be more to your taste. “Since my work encompasses … “ is another possibility. "Society" or "sociology"; this is an interesting point. In an academic context you would probably go with "sociology", but for a media audience "society" might well be better. Who is your audience? "Interdisciplinary" works better as I have placed it. (“Of interdiscipline” doesn't really work.) "Invited for interview by the media", "invited to contribute to debates on current issues by journalists and broadcasters", "sought out by journalists and broadcasters for comment" ... any of these might work for you.
23 de Agosto de 2020
I would suggest "therefore the media likes to interview me."
23 de Agosto de 2020
Dinghui
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Shanghainese), English, Japanese