KKT
What is the different between package and parcel? Package & Parcel Do they have the same meaning?
6
0
Its the same thing although in northern UK we say package if we expect it to be a big item and parcel for something smaller for example my mum says you got a parcel I would know it’s something relatively small like in a Jiffy bag but if she said you have a package I’d know it was a box of some kind (I think that’s quite a colloquial usage though it could differ in other regions ) 😊
These two essentially has same meaning. Package is most often heard words in the US. But I have seen people who are from Eastern part of US also use parcel.
The word "parcel" has these meanings: As a noun: 1. an object wrapped up to form a small bundle; a package 2. a distinct, continuous piece of land As a verb: 3. Do divide into portions or to give out in portions The word "package" has these meanings: As a noun: 1. A bundle packed and wrapped or put into a box: a parcel 2. A container into which something is packed 3. A group or combination of related parts offered as a unit As a verb: 4. to make or put into a package 5. to design and manufacture a package for (something; a product) 6. to combine or offer (related units) into or as a unit 7. to present (something) in a way that disguises its true nature As an adjective: 8. offered as a unit combining a number of goods and services "Package" and "parcel" are synonyms only with meaning #1 as a noun. They are NOT synonyms with any other meaning.
In the U.S., the word "package" is more common. But sometimes we hear "parcel."
Thank you Selena!
KKT
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, German, Japanese