Tâm
Get on! /get off! without the object(the bus)? 1 Suppose that I and my friend are outside of a bus: - If I want have my friend get on the bus, can I say "Get on John!"? 2 Suppose that I am the driver and my friend are outside of the bus: - If I want have my friend get on the bus, can I say "Get on John!"? 3 Suppose that I am outside of the bus and my friend is on the bus (the bus has stopped): - If I want have my friend get off the bus, can I say "Get off John! / "Hop off John! / Jump off John!"? 4 Suppose that I am the driver and my friend are inside of the bus (the bus has stopped): - If I want have my friend get off the bus, can I say "Get off John! / "Hop off John! / Jump off John!"? Thanks!
3
0
1 Suppose that I and my friend are outside of a bus: - If I want have my friend get on the bus, can I say "Get on John!"? Yes, this is correct. 2 Suppose that I am the driver and my friend are outside of a bus: - If I want have my friend get on the bus, can I say "Get on John!"? Yes, this is correct 3 Suppose that I am outside of a bus and my friend is on the bus (the bus has stopped): - If I want have my friend get off the bus, can I say "Get off John! / "Hop off John! / Jump off John!"? Yes, this is correct. 4 Suppose that I am the driver and my friend are outside of a bus (the bus has stopped): - If I want have my friend get off the bus, can I say "Get off John! / "Hop off John! / Jump off John!"? ??? This doesn't make sense. You say your friend is outside the bus so you can't say 'Get off' as he is already off the bus.
Tâm
English, Vietnamese