Vivian
Grammar check plz Context: My friend just told me she is still with her bf. we haven't spoken for a while, and before I thought she was already married. so below is the sentence I want to send out to her, "If you didn't tell me you are still in a relationship now, I thought you were already married "
4
0
Let me guess you are chatting with your long lost friend. You haven’t seen each other in a while thanks to Covid 19. Your initial thought was that she was married. No she wasn’t! but instead, she was dating her then boyfriend as you just learnt. Therefore, whichever the message you sent her should go like this..... Oh dang! I thought you were married then. My bad! You didn't tell me you were still dating your boyfriend 😜. I hope that helps Vivian 🤓
You don't really need the "if", or the "now". And we might make the tenses consistent. So might you consider this? "You didn't tell me you were still in a relationship! I thought you were already married!" Or even "You didn't tell me you were still at the relationship stage! I thought you were already married!"
Vivian