JOSEPH
I really really want to what they're singing in Latin, please help. The first song they're singing, from 0'00 to 1'50''. http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/B5kOZ6DnoDY/ If this site doesn't work for you, please check this one: http://you.video.sina.com.cn/b/13114751-1301241911.html You may tell me the title and I can google it then for details. I really love to learn this hymn. In my hearing, It seems with 'Jesu' in the middle and 'Maria' at the end. Thank you so much!
Nov 17, 2009 7:37 AM
3
1
In case you are interested in the final song in French, here it is: Nous voulons Dieu ! notre Patrie....... We want God! our Country Doit le place au premier rang............must put him in the front row Comme autrefois la France prie :.......As in former times France prays: C’est par sa foi qu’un peuple est grand......It is by its faith that a people is great Bénis, ô tendre Mère.........Bless o tender Mother Ce cri de notre foi.............this cry of our faith [Nous voulons Dieu, c'est notre Père.......We want God, he is our Father Nous voulons Dieu, c'est notre Roi.] [bis]........We want God, he is our King. Nous voulons Dieu dans la famille,............We want God in the family Dans l'âme de nos chers enfants ;............In the souls of our dear children Pour que la foi s'acroisse et brille.............So the faith will grow and shine A nos foyers reconnaissants.................in our believing homes Bénis, ô tendre Mère Ce cri de notre foi [Nous voulons Dieu, c'est notre Père Nous voulons Dieu, c'est notre Roi.] [bis] Ce cri de notre foi
Joseph, It took me some time but I finally was able to decipher the hymn. It is the famous Latin hymn Salve Regina Priest: Salve, Regina! People: Mater misericordiae, etc. Latin Version: Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae, vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra, salve. ad te clamamus exsules filii Hevae, ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes in hac lacrimarum valle. Eia, ergo, advocata nostra, illos tuos misericordes oculos ad nos converte; et Jesum, benedictum fructum ventris tui, nobis post hoc exsilium ostende. O clemens, O pia, O dulcis Virgo Maria. English Version: Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy, our life, our sweetness and our hope. To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve; to thee do we send up our sighs, mourning and weeping in this valley of tears. Turn then, most gracious advocate, thine eyes of mercy toward us; and after this our exile, show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus. O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
I tried Joseph but I can't open the link...send me the file if you can?!
JOSEPH