Andrey Kuptsov
"No suspects in custody" What does custody mean?
5
0
Suspect and custody, when these two words together, it is refering to criminal. Suspects are those people who potentially comitted the criminal act , but, it has no evidences to affirm. Suspects are kept in custody (retain) at the police depart (not in jail) during investigation. Denis's answer on criminal procedure really inspired me !
There may have been some suspects, but nobody has been detained (/arrested). It does not necessarily mean to keep (/hold) someone in jail. It also means to be cared for. With or without consent.
costudy means 1.A state of being confined (usually for a short time) "he is in the custody of police" 2.Holding by the police "the suspect is in custody" cowboy...
In the U.S. a suspect can be arrested and held by lawful authority, the police for example. This is referred to as being in custody. A suspect usually cannot be held for more than 24 hours in custody without being charged with a crime. If he is not charged he will be set free. If the suspect is charged with a crime the judge may allow him to go free until the trial. The suspect will continue to be held in custody after he is charged, if the judge thinks that the person is a danger to the community or a risk to leave the community before the trial. Sometimes a suspect who has been held in custody after being charged is allowed to go free if they pay bail. Bail is a sum of money that the suspect will lose if he does not appear in court. To Wozitoya, You have been an inspiration to me many times. I am glad that I could return the favor. :)
domasla is right
Andrey Kuptsov