maram
i need help please I will be speaking in my oral report on food around the world, but I confused how to be
2
1
Oral presentations depend on your audience! What is your audience looking for? What is the topic on which you will speak? Food from around the world Is it meant to be serious or humorous? Make sure that whatever the subject and whatever the audience, talk to them as if to an individual... Look them in the eyes and make them listen by using persuasive words/phrases e.g. I am sure you'll all agree with me, how would YOU feel if......etc to get to their emotions. Be sure that you are aware of what your body language is saying at all times., be careful how you act, stand, hold your notes/cue cards. Your body speaks the loudest and can be understood by everyone in any language.
If you are worrying about speaking in front of a group, think about the information you are presenting, and not about your audience and what they're thinking. Tell yourself that you WANT to communicate your report and that it is something people should know about. Don't think so much about speaking smoothly and precisely. I do a lot of public speaking, and overcame my fear that way.
maram
Arabic, Chinese (Shanghainese), English, Korean
Chinese (Shanghainese), English, Korean