Mark
Using 때 (when) and past tense Hi all Which one is most commonly used in speech (반말)? "I was happy when you said that." 1) 너가 그말했을때 너무 좋았어 2) 그때 그말했을때 너무 좋았어 3) 나가 아주 좋아할 떼 저거 너 말했어 or suggest an appropriate traslation. 2. Can I drop the past tense (1,2) in the first clause, as the final clause is already in past tense. So 그말했을때 can be 그말할때. 마자요? That is, 1) 너가 그말할때 너무 좋았어 2) 그때 그말할때 너무 좋았어 Thanks!thanks M & H ^^
2
0
1. 1), 2) are being said, 3) isn't. Minjin has kindly corrected your 3), but no one say like that. 2. Yeah, you understood it right. "너가 그 말했을 때, 나 너무 기분 좋았어" is correct and is the more specific statement. Well, it sounds a bit forced to me as we drop the past tense a lot when the final clause is already in past tense. One time is enough.
1. "I was happy when you said that." =1) 너가 그말했을때 너무 (기분) 좋았어. *3) 내가 아주 좋아할 때 너가 저렇게 말했어 =When I was happy, you said that. 2. No. You can't drop it. You have to say "너가 그 말했을때, 나 너무 기분 좋았어".
Mark
Korean