Malini X
What is the most difficult thing about learning English? Have you overcome this difficulty and how?
6
1
Very insightul answer, Hailey. :) I can't really recall English ever being difficult. Although, come to think of it, way, way back when, when English was still new to me too, I guess the irregulsar verbs were a bit of a pain. And rules of pronounciation (or lack thereof, rather). Like, for instance, the completely different way one pronounces 'row' in the following two sentence: "Row, row, row your boat!" "They had a row." You just gotta memorize stuff like that. Fortunately, ever since I went to highschool I've been bombarded with English movies and series here, so it never really became an issue. Yet I suppose it might be when you haven't been as immersed in the language as I was.
As my first language is Korean, English adjectives make my head swim. English is a noun-developed language while Korean is a verb-developed language. This means English adjectives are incidentally developed because those modify nouns. It's most difficult to me and I'm yet on the overcoming process. Oh, and I feel mocked when learning phrasal verbs as my brain doesn't seem to perceive all the prepositions(Korean has postpositions). But I think if I get used to thinking in English, then the above will become nothing.
school always offers too much text about reading,and I think learning is the most important part we should focus on.
Lack in my opportunity to use English is my most difficult thing but Since the advent of Internet , It's been easier to access English articles ,as it were , English educational materials than before. Recently the number of reasonable online English school is increasing and Fortunately ,I could make up for it without my effort.
I think it should be 'persistence'; just insist on learning...
Malini X
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Tamil
Chinese (Mandarin)