Addison
人は誰でも死にたくありません。= Is this one means "No one would like to died"? don't understand why put 誰でも here.. thanks!!!
6
0
誰でも means "no matter who". Similarly, 何でも would be "no matter what". Example, 晩ご飯は何でもいいです。(ばんごはんはなんでもいいです) As for dinner, it's fine no matter what it is. → Anything is fine for dinner. So for your question, 人は誰でも死にたくありません。 As for people, no matter who it is, do not wish to die. → Nobody wishes to die.
Haha... I was just reading your response to the "sokka" thread. So for "anyone who does not wish to die", in the context of, for example, "anyone one who does not wish to die should be careful when crossing the road", it can be written as 死にたくない人は、道を渡るとき気をつけた方がいい。I'm sure this sentence sounds weird in Japanese (it already does in English!) but just for the sake of demonstrating the context... :D
Oh, c'mon! vote me down already. :P You guys are way too polite, LOL. I messed up the answer, it feels 'unheimisch', really, not getting voted down!
Nan dai?! Just 'shinitakunai hito wa' ne. :) Thanks; that was most instructive.
^^ Sokka! I was close, but not close enough. :)
Addison
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, Japanese