murongfeixue
which one do you prefer, American english or British english? WHY?
11
0
American English
hard to choose. I like to listen BBC as i though british english is beautiful. But i also like to way american english express.and their pronounce is gorgeous as well.
american accent is easier to understand..
Both are fine, although British English might be the more difficult to understand in conversation for non-native speakers. I believe that British English, when spoken in conversation, relies more heavily on context, while American English is often more direct. Conversationally, British spoken English seems to change or evolve faster and on a more local level in terms of slang, abbreviations, contractions, and idiomatic expressions, than does American speaking. One aspect that I like better about American English is that we preserve some elements of French pronunciation or other languages' pronunciation from borrowed words, while the Brits attempt to completely remove all trace of foreign pronunciation by being loyal to British English spelling conventions- for example, 'garage,' 'fish fillet' Americans say "gar-ah-zh and fill-ay" while British say "gai-rej" and "fil-lett."
I preffer British English becuase it is a dialect of English that we speak here in Canada. I also like it better becuase it is more reformed than American English and contains less slang and more on the lines of proper English standards.
murongfeixue
Arabic, Chinese (Mandarin), English, German, Russian, Spanish
Arabic, German, Russian, Spanish