Alexander
Please, help me to clear up the usage of the "I wonder". "I wonder" is like "I want to know" or "I doubt!" or "I'm surprised" Does it right? And what is the major usage?
2
2
- It can also be used as a polite way of asking a question or asking somebody to do something: 'I wonder if you can help me.' 'I was wondering whether you’d like to come to a party.' - Wonder AT something/ I wonder (that) ...: to be very surprised by something: 'I wonder you're still alive.' - To ask yourself a question in your own mind: 'I wonder what time it is.' 'I wonder if they'll come.' 'I've been wondering about it for a long time.'
Hello Alexander, It has several meanings: " I wonder " could be used when one indulges in speculative inquiry, often accompanied by an element of doubt (concerning something) " I wonder what happened" " I wondered about what she said" It is used also to express amazement ,when one is amazed at something or someone. " I wonder at your behavior ."
Alexander
English, Italian, Russian
English, Italian