alucky
Are there any ways of speed-reading in English ? I tend to watch some video and read some articles quickly to save my time in my work and my life. but It's hard for me to read English article quickly compared to the articles written in Chinese Characters which includes meaning in it. but I want to read some English articles more quickly... Is there good way and training to read article written in English more quickly ?
5
1
I think the only way to increase ur reading speed is to read more, eventually you will read faster. Yeah, its true that its slow at the beginning, but then you will get used to thinking in English instead of translating.
Hi, you could try a free online speed reading course www.mrkent.com/speedread/index.asp
I tend to watch some video and read some articles quickly to save my time in my work and my life. you are going on right way..you have to continue this because there is no short cut...it will take some time..please continue... thanks!
Hey, You should try not to vocalize(sound out) the word, unless you don't know how to pronounce it. Try to read in chunks and not just word by word... Grouping the words is better. Move your hand under the line of words as you read.(trust me, it helps) The more you read, the better you'll get.
Firstly, you have to have a VERY GOOD GRASP of English. You should have a very good understanding of grammar. It's really just practice. You have to read a lot. You have to focus and concentrate well, but be relaxed :) I am a speed reader and spend around 6 hours a day reading scientific material that requires skim reading. It has taken me years to become good. I usually focus my eyes on the centre of a page and try not to get too focused on any particular detail in the text. You can google this topic to find out more specific methods.
alucky