Mark
Reported speech (Intransitive) 하다 Hi Al I can't seem to find references to reported speech.. that is.. "He/She/The said.." I understand 하다 can be used e.g. (Assme 3rd person is a male) 바쁘다고 했어요. (He) said (he) was busy. How do you say "(He) said the sky was red."? 하늘은 빨간색했어요. Or do I use the a form of 말하다? Thanks!Cool! Thanks you two^
26 Th01 2010 00:12
3
0
You can use this form, "-대요". It's more often used. "-대요" = S/he said "blablabla..." 바쁘대요. 하늘이 빨갛대요. 춥대요. 넘어졌대요. "-재요" = S/he said "Let's..." 노래방에 가재요. 같이 놀재요. 공부하재요. "-래요" = S/he said "......(imperative sentence)" 공부하래요. 빨리 일어나래요. 밥 먹으래요. Or you could say "-라고/다고/자고 하네요". 공부하라고 하네요. 지금 없다고 하네요. 같이 가자고 하네요. If you want to use 반말, you can drop "요".
27 tháng 1 năm 2010
A little addition to the above answer - I realize I actually say "-고 하네요" more simply. 공부하라네요. 지금 없다네요. 같이 가자네요. And I've been totally unaware of these two, "하냬요" and "하냐네요" - S/he said "Are you okay?" 괜찮냬요. 괜찮냐네요. Hope it helps ;)
27 tháng 1 năm 2010
* I think 말했어요/했어요 is mostly spoken while 말했다 is mostly written. But 했어요 is more often used than 말했어요 in speech. * (He) said (he) was busy. = 그는 바쁘다고 했어요 or 그는 바쁘다고 말했다 그는 바쁘다고 했어요 is more often used when speaking while ~말했다 is mostly written. You have to say He(그는) in the first clause because if you don't, listener might not understand who you are talking about. But when subjects are the same person in both clauses, you don't need to say the subject in the sacond clause. (He) said the sky was red. = 그는 하늘이 빨갰다고 했어요 or 그는 하늘이 빨갰다고 말했다
26 tháng 1 năm 2010
Mark
Korean