Anney
How to call a people whose skin is black. "black" or "negro"? Which one is politer? Is there any black man to answer the question?
26 янв. 2010 г., 2:57
8
0
This is a hard question, as a wrong usage can cause offence. I suppose the white western culture (Europe, US, Australia's also included) still has cultural guilt over the slavery and maltreatment of 'coloured' people in the past. I think Adhi has the best suggestion: refer to the person's ethnic group instead of the skin colour. If you're not sure, then 'black man' might do. I recently discovered 'negro(id)' as a race classification has now been split into 2 groups! Capoid and Congoid (south and central Africa).
27 января 2010 г.
Hello Anney, You can call him ' a black man'. Objectively spoken that is his color. To use 'negro' or 'nigger' might be very offensive indeed, because it has a negative connotation. If the man is from Africa you can call him ' an African man' as well or 'an African American' if he is born and living in the States if you don't necessarily want to refer to colors to avoid any misunderstandings.
26 января 2010 г.
Hi It depends on what ethnic group they belong do. My husband has black skin and he is Tamil. In India people are very open about calling people 'black' or 'white', but in some countries it's not socially acceptable. Some people can get very offended about being called black, or white - that's why it's best to call them by their ethnic group instead of 'black' or 'yellow' or 'white'. For example: 'African-American' 'African' 'Australian Aboriginal' 'Tamil' 'North African' etc etc
26 января 2010 г.
It has been an issue for me, I was taught not to call them 'negro' or 'nigger'. If you're a black person and they're your friends, calling them those can be okay depending on the situation. It's understandable if you think about this example. When I talk with close female friends, I sometimes say "bitch" referring to myself or calling them. None of us take offense at it because we all know we don't intend to insult each other. It's just for fun or for emphasis. But if someone else calls me "bitch", I'll kick his/her butt. Same goes for those.
27 января 2010 г.
just chack the profile by picture and msg to black people....or you can ask it frankly here in queastion...that will any black person can contact me......{can you tell me why you choosing black.....bcz as i am black i dont find any speciality in me.....hi hi hi hi}
26 января 2010 г.
Anney
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Other), English, Korean
Korean