Malini X
Do women have equal status to men in China? In India, (in rural India) women are not treated equally to men. They are expected to be slaves, and nobody cares if a man does something really bad, but even if a woman makes a small mistake, she will lose her reputation completely. There is a lot of domestic violence and suffering within families. Does this kind of thing happen in China too? In Australia, women and men have equal rights. The society's rules are the same for men and women. I think this is a good thing.
7
1
hello madam, i am a foreign medical student in china and i am greatly interested in chinese culture... i have seen that in chinese culture both are equal for sure! in fact i think women are more powerful in china. in banks and air ports or the malls you will find women working staff! this side of chinese culture really attracts me!
absolutely yes,but in the ancient times of China,men`s status is higher than women
I think yes.
I personally don't see anything unequal here. However, there are certain jobs that most people would think men can do better. For example, it's not common to see a female chef. But that's not about being socially unequal I think.
My teacher told me: there's Women's Day,there's inequality.
Malini X
Chinese (Mandarin), English, Tamil
Chinese (Mandarin)