animatorio
the best english novels to read and learn i like reading so much and i began my english readings with"to kill a mockingbird"and "my cousin Rachel" i am naw searching for english novels that is joy to read and helps me improve my english any suggestions
9
3
All this books have left me touched in some way: "La casa de los espíritus"-Isabel Allende, "Paula"-I.Allende, "La sombra del viento"-R.Zafón, "Interview With The Vampire"-A.Rice, "La tregua" -M.Benedetti, "The Universe in a Nutshell"-Stephen Hawking, "La ciudad de la alegría"-Dominique Lapierre, "The Star Rover"-J.London, "Hocus Pocus"-Kurt Vonnegut. But there are sure many others I don't remember now. Atm I'm reading in English language, "Timequake" by Kurt Vonnegut. It is, some times humorously, a criticism about our modern western civilization very deserving to be read, tho I have to say I missed some concepts meaning because of my nontop English level.
I always read the books out of simple desire to get a feeling of language. So to say to grasp a color. My preferable reading is the audio books with a text for reference.Вecause I'm lazy and I've never had a slightest desire to buy something in particular, I'm reading all what is available on the net and free of charge.That is what I've read recently.. H.G.Wells "The War of the Worlds" J.K.Rowling "Harry Potter" 7 books Robert A.Heinlein "Have Space Suit Will Travel" Michio Kaku "Phisics of the Impossible" Salinger Jerome David "The Catcher in the Rye" Stephanie Meyer "Twilight","The host" They were just marvelous and lovely for a learner like me.=) In due course.. John Grisham's 20 books and Isaac Asimov's
@ Marie-Hélène -- Robinson Crusoe was originally written in English by Daniel Defoe, who was an Englishman. I think that means it is English literature, not French ;) However, I agree with you about Victor Hugo. I recommend the Sherlock Holmes novels, by Arthur Conan Doyle
I'd recommend Paulo Coelho's english translations. Easy and interesting reads. Especially the Alchemist :)
@ Jura... I'm afraid "Les misérables" is not an english novel but a french one written by Victor Hugo ... Robinson Crusoe is also french literature ...
animatorio
Arabic, English