Things you must do to improve your English speaking and your English pronunciation skills
- Speak clearly, concisely and use simple vocabulary.
- Listen, carefully, to English movies or speakers. Take note of the words/terms used and read them over and over till you start using them effectively.
- Read aloud and talk to yourself loudly in English to see how well you are doing.
- Watch English movies with English subtitles on. This will allow you to compare the written words to the correct pronunciations.
- Listen to English songs. This will help you a lot. If u can’t understand the accent, take the lyrics which you can get by searching at google.
- Avoid thinking in your mother tongue, translating it then saying it in English. If you want to speak fluently, you will have to "think" in English.
- Make friends with natives. Try to imitate them. By paying a close attention to how they speak, you will learn idioms and the slang, the sayings they use and everyday English expressions.
This is important in making your English sound more natural and conversational rather than something learned from a book. Natives can even help you correct the mistakes that you make when messaging, e-mailing, chatting with them or even communicating face to face.