Marina
What's the difference between SHALL and WILL?
4
0
In simple words, will is for advising and shall is to make something mandatory the other is, shall for preference and will for asking a question example: Shall we have a cup of tea? Will we get tea here?
There is also a distinction made in written contracts. "Will" is not contractually binding, but is an expression of intent or expectations. "Shall" is used when the activity is required to perform the contract. "Marina Machinery products will be used in the manufacturing of flanges [an expectation]. The weight of these flanges shall be no greater than 150g [the requirement]."
We often use 'will' in these situations: 1- offering to do something: 'That bag looks heavy. I'll help you with it.' 2- agreeing to do something: 'Can you give Tim this book?' 'Sure, I'll give it to him when I see him this afternoon.' 3- Promising to do something: 'Thanks for lending me the money. I'll help you with it.' 4- Asking somebody to do something: 'Will you please turn the stereo down? I'm trying to concentrate.' 'Shall' is used mostly in the questions: Shall I ...? / Shall we ...? We use 'shall I ...?/shall we ...?' to ask somebody's opinion (especially in offers or suggestions): 'Shall I open the window?' (= do you want me to open the window?) 'Where shall we go this evening?' Compare 'shall I ...?' and 'Will you ...?' 'Shall I shut the door?' (= do you want me to shut it?) 'Will you shut the door?' (= I want you to shut it)
shall is old use of will shall only comes with 2 pronouns(I - WE) but will comes with all prononus thanks
Marina
English, Italian, Russian, Spanish
English, Italian, Spanish