Svetlana
Do you like pancakes?? Could you share the recipe how you make them? :) we celebrate Maslenitsa for a week in Russia, the Holiday of Spring and Sun :) Pancakes are the main dish of this holiday.
6
0
These potato pancakes are my favourite as they are shallow fried until golden and crisp on the outside and soft on the inside. Preparation time: about 15 minutes (excludes cooking time). Makes about nine (9cm diameter) pancakes. 1 small onion 625g potatoes (about 4 medium potatoes) 1 large egg (we use eggs with a minimum weight of 59g) 28g (2 tablespoons) self-raising flour Salt and pepper Oil, for pan-frying Peel onion and grate into a small bowl. Peel and grate potatoes into a large bowl. Remove excess moisture from potato by firmly squeezing handfuls of grated potato over the kitchen sink. Add onion, egg, flour, pepper and a generous amount of salt to the potato and stir well to combine. Fry till golden brown and serve with sour cream.
Here's a really simple recipe I use: Sift about half a cup of flour through a sieve. Mix in an egg or two, then slowly add milk (while mixing) until the batter is the texture of thick pouring cream. Use butter when frying, and lower the heat once the butter melts. Add whatever you like on top. As a start, try fruit & cream, or even just lemon juice and sugar. There's many many variations you can do, but this is a good basic recipe to start with. Sometimes I've replaced the egg with oil, and the milk with any liquid (including beer!).
Crepes and Blinis are the same delicious thin pancake. American pancakes rise when they are cooked, becoming thick and fluffy, due to the fact that they contain a leavening agent, usually baking powder or yeast. Having devoured stacks of both American style pancakes and Russian blinis, I choose the bliny for taste. Although for the working man, a Canadian style breakfast including a large stack of flapjacks smothered in butter and fresh maple syrup, fried Canadian bacon and scrambled eggs on the side, all washed down with orange juice, and fresh-brewed coffee, is very hard to beat. I love fresh maple syrup! Still, you won't have lived a full life until you enjoy a breakfast with blinis, caviar, sour cream, and Champagne (or Russian vodka). I made myself hungry. I think I will ask my wife to make some blinis. ;)
not so much! cowboy...
Hi... I love "crêpes" = pancakes ... It is healthy, sweet or sour and a full meal...
Svetlana