Mark
2010년 2월 13일 토요일 저녁 10시 35분.. [1] 오늘, 기차 지연 때문에 진옥씨는 늦게 도착했어요. Ms. Jin-Ok arrived late today, because of train delays. [2] 제가 한국어 공부하고 있는 동안, 친구가에게서 전화 받았어요. While I was studying Korean, a friend called. With [1], I really would like to use 때문에, although I know there other ways to write the sentence. Please correct any fatal grammar. Thanks! I actually wrote down [2] differently in Korean, so here are the two similar versions... ----------------------- [2.1] 제가 한국어 공부하고 있는 동안, 친구가 전화했어요. While I was studying Korean, a friend called. [2.2] 제가 한국어 공부하고 있는 동안, 친구가에게 (친구한테) 전화 받았어요. While I was studying Korean, I got a call from my friend.
14 февр. 2010 г., 0:08
2
0
오늘, 기차 지연 때문에 진옥씨는 늦게 도착했어요. Ms. Jin-Ok arrived late today, because of train delays. > The grammar wrong is nothing. It's right. But the feeling of word order is strange a little. >> 오늘, 기차 지연 때문에 진옥씨가 늦게 도착했어요. >> 오늘, 진옥씨는 기차 지연 때문에 늦게 도착했어요. >> 오늘, 진옥씨가 기차 지연 때문에 늦게 도착했어요. >> 진옥씨는 오늘 기차 지연 때문에 늦게 도착했어요. >> 진옥씨가 오늘 기차 지연 때문에 늦게 도착했어요. > The subject type postposition "~는" is used to express that the subject is the topic of a setence, so its position is the head of a sentence commonly. > The subject type postposition "~가" is used in the case of that the subject is in a situation or a circumstance commonly. > It is not important rule, and the point is what is the topic in a sentence whether the subject or the situation. [2.1] 제가 한국어 공부하고 있는 동안, 친구가 전화했어요. While I was studying Korean, a friend called. > It's right. [2.2] 제가 한국어 공부하고 있는 동안, 친구가에게 (친구한테) 전화 받았어요. While I was studying Korean, I got a call from my friend. > 친구가에게 is the grammar wrong. > The subject is "I", so "~가" is not suitable for "친구". > In my thinkings, "~가에게" is only used for "누군가에게", its meaning is "from someone who I don't know". > 친구에게 or 친구에게서 is right.
14 февраля 2010 г.
1] 기차 연착 때문에 is also possible. 2] 제가 한국어 공부[하는] 동안, 친구한테(서) 전화왔어요. 동안 appears only in the present tense. *considering the final clause is in the past tense. If you wonder why you should use 전화왔어요... 전화 받았어요 means 'received the phone' 전화받았어요 means 'answered the phone' 'from who' isn't needed in either case. *Why is it still a bit weird... It seems you cannot use '친구가 전화했어요/왔어요' here. I'd say 한국어 공부하고 있는데 친구한테 전화 와서 통화 좀 했어요. Let's say you were studying Korean for 40 minutes, you didn't answer the phone or 40 minutes? That's why it's a bit odd.
15 февраля 2010 г.
Mark
Korean