5 Ways For Overcoming Shyness:
1. Some of the components of shyness are lack of self-confidence and anxiety around others, difficulty carrying on a conversation, and a lack of knowledge about the expected behavior in social situations or a lack of words whilst learning a new language. If you want to make progress overcoming shyness you need to attend to these issues.
2. You must first determine why you are shy. There are always underlying reasons for the way a person reacts in certain situations. You could prepare/memorize a conversation beforehand.
Next, try behaving in a confident manner in private and practice until you begin to see results in public. You can practice saying, Hi my name is xxxx, pleased to meet you in front of the mirror.
As ridiculous as it may seem, forcing yourself to act as if you are not shy can be very helpful in learning how to overcome shyness altogether.
3. One way to boost your self-confidence is to always look your best. Looking great makes you feel great and does wonders for your self-esteem.
Reduce your fear of rejection by imagining worst case scenarios and how you will handle them.
Observing strangers and acquaintances and how they relate to others can also be a great tool in learning how to overcome shyness.
4. If you are having difficulty overcoming shyness, join clubs/ sites or go to events that interest you. It's a lot more comfortable to engage in conversations with those who have common interests.
The initial conversation will be much easier since you'll already have a topic of conversation that interests you both.
5. If you do not have the confidence to approach someone new, then smile and try to be approachable. Most people are receptive to a smile and a friendly face. Overcoming shyness can start with something as simple as a smile!