Alex
Is it really even for the native speakers hard to understand the song's lyrics? I allways was challenged to understand the songs. I know here's some misinterpretation and errors, but anyway, don't laugh at me,I heard it like this.Can you help me to make the right correction for this funny lyrics? Thank you very much. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7n8GqewJ2M&feature=fvw Awaking, been the morning looking green and been shrink. What's that? Don't kid! Sleeping in the tub can really mess up your neck.Before I leave I stop and vomit at the killer and glyck. It seems I spending every morning with my hair in that sh*t.'Havana' in my hair but I'm the way too sick to care and I'm falling down the stairs. Up!up!up! I'm almost off the floor and I'm almost at the door.My family is waiting for me.Oh crap not again it's Anena then Shen.It's cool I'm fine I can suffer anytime. It's a lie you will try now you made your mother cry.Look!..ohhh I'm out of here this is queer.I just drink the couple beers. Don't leave we love you even hired doctor Drew. This pattern needs to end. I think I have to puke again.ohhh So I just sat and stray but my head is still real.Than they go on down the line how's bad they feel.It makes me sad then I see you brush your teeth with jack.Also you borrow Mikel bike and never gave it back.Stop showing out your butt.You make your on?? like sluts.And you are starting to get a beer gut, beer gut. This behaviour had the dead end.And me and your daddy is now your friends. End up like Lanzy Low here.low,low,low. This is a whack I feel traped. We want you all cash were back. Screw you doctor Drew!And your supercamera crew.Hey you,don't have to shout we've just tried to help you out.ohh. Okay,some will know this is just a video. I don't drink being stink now I want some dance and think.And all night and in fact even if I born attract. @All. Wow! It was enjoyable indeed!;) To grow up from my currently miserable level of Listening Comprehension to such terrific ones ,I would need some years.Because the song lyrics is the matter of the pun as well. @ Kramer.Just impressed.That's the upper (highest) class of linguistics. Thank you all again.
6
0
Alex, don't feel bad about not getting the lyrics straight! This material is what you'd get in the Advanced Listening Comprehension class! :) I listened to it, and corrected your lyrics to the best of my abilities. Enjoy! Awaking, been the morning looking green and been shrink. -> I wake up in the morning looking greener than Shrek! Before I leave I stop and vomit the killer and glyck. -> Before I leave I stop and vomit up Tequila and glit. * glit, in this context (very slangy!) means: 'stewy food and stuff.' (glit = contraction of glue and shit) It seems I spending every morning with my hair in that sh*t. -> Seems I'm spending every morning with my head in the shitter. * shitter = toilet 'Havana' in my hair -> Got vomit up in my hair. I'm almost off the floor and I'm almost at the door. -> I pull myself off the floor and almost out the door, My family is waiting for me. -> (continuation of last sentence) but by family is waiting for me. Oh crap not again, it's Anena then Shen. -> Oh crap, not again! It's an inter-ven-tion! * LOL. I can you how you couldn't get the last part. :) She's saying like: "Oh no, not again, the family has gathered again to confront me with my issues." (= intervention). It's cool I'm fine I can suffer anytime. -> It's cool. I'm fine. I can stop at any time. * She's apparently having some drug or alcohol problem or something. And in denial about it. It's a lie you will try now you made your mother cry. Look!..ohhh -> It'a lie. You won't try! Now you made your mother cry. I just drink the couple beers. -> I just drank a couple of beers. So I just sat and stray but my head is still real. -> So, I decide to stay, but my head is still reelin'. (reeling = spinning from the hangover)
Wake up in the morning looking greener than Shrek (as in the movie Shrek) Where's that Donkey (a reference from Shrek)? Sleeping in the tub can really mess up your neck.Before I leave I stop and vomit up tequila and glitter. It seems I'm spending every morning with my head in that sh*t. Got vomit up in my hair but I'm way too sick to care and I'm falling down the stairs. I..I...I...I pull myself off the floor then I'm almost out the door. Then my family is waiting for me. Oh crap not again it's an intervention It's cool I'm fine I can stop it anytime That's a lie you won't try now you made your mother cry.Look!..ohhh I'm out of here this is queer.I just drank a couple beers. Don't leave, we love you. We even hired doctor Drew. This pattern needs to end. I think I have to puke again.ohhh So I decide to stay but my head is still reeling. Then they all go down the line talkin 'bout their feelings. It makes me sad then I see you brush your teeth with jack. Also you borrowed my old bike and never gave it back. Stop showing off your butt. You're making young girls act like sluts. And you are starting to get a beer gut, beer gut. This behaviour is a dead end. And P Diddy (the rapper P Diddy) is not your friend. You'll end up like Lindsay Lohan. This is a whack I feel trapped. We want the old Kesha back Screw you doctor Drew!And your stupid camera crew. Hey, you don't have to shout we're just trying to help you out.ohh. Okay,it's time you know this is just a video. I don't drink or pee in sinks it's what i want my fans to think. It's all of that and, in fact, it's even in my contract Yes, this is hard to understand because she uses a lot of slang and pop- culture references (Shrek, Lindsay Lohan, P Diddy, Dr Drew etc.). I had to play a couple parts twice myself to understand. If you've ever heard the original song that this parodies, it makes sense. It is making fun of the fact that young girls idolize this person who sings about being a drunkard.
As a tangent, you might like to look at www.kissthisguy.com ...you'll feel a lot better about hearing lyrics wrong, after reading some of the mistakes there! :D
Yep I believe you are correct Mark
@steven, with my head in that sh*t. -> With my head in the shitter I think she does say 'glitter,' though. Rymes too. :) It's all of that and, -> It's all an act.
Alex
English, German, Russian