marslord
Anybody can tell me, how the children in an english speaking country study their language. I can understand a lot when people is talking in a daily conversation, but, i can understand few in the english news. I remember when i was child, i can not understand the meaning of the news report which is broadcasting with my own country's language, either. I wonder if it's useful for me to learn from the foreign kids, the way they study language, to improve my english ability. anyone can tell me? thank you.
6
0
Obviously the whole approach to learning a second language is different from learning your native language. First of all, most kids have been listening to and speaking their native language for a couple of years before they learn to read and write. Basically this means that you're pretty sufficient already w.r.t. speaking but you just need some time to learn how to write and read. This in contrast to what usually happens when you learn a foreign language, where you have to study lists of vocabulary. Unfortunately there is no way to learn like a native child, because first of all you don't want to spend a year just imitating the sounds of your "parents" even though that's quite vital. There's only one way to become reall good at a foreign language and that's to just pack your stuff and move to a country where you have to use that language 24/7. 祝你好运!
I agree with Harregarre, beside that children are always full of questions "they could be a real headache", so don't ever feel ashamed to ask about what you don't understand, and as you're grown person you could search.
NEWS,BROADCAST,SHOWS,NEWSPAPERS ,THEY R STH。LOCAL, THE NAMES ALWAYS DRIVE ME CRAZY,AND THE SLANGS ,HARD TO KNOW MAYBE U ENGLISH IS GOOD,BUT THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE COUNTRY IS NOT ENOUGH。
Children in America study English from parents, in school, and when they were little they learned my immitations and repetition of works. You can also try watching some English movies and repeat the dialouge they say and books can also help. JIA YOU!!^^
The English news has a lot of vocabulary, expressions, and a way of speaking. Trying reading English newspapers. Start with a short article first and then discuss the article with a native-speaker of English. Are you looking to study American English or British English?
marslord