Hailey
What's the difference between these two? I speak English with a Koean accent. I speak in a Korean accent.Sorry - the second sentence should be 'I speak English in a Korean accent'. There's no semantical difference between them?fdmaxey, Bill, Jura - Thank you! :)
3
1
I speak English with a Koean accent: you specifically speak English with Korean accent. I speak in a Korean accent: you speak any language(Chinese, Japanese or Spanish etc.) in a Korean accent.
The first sentence is definite - you are speaking English with a Korean accent. The second implies you are speaking English, since the sentence is written in English. However, logically I couldn't say for sure that it is English you speak. It could be any language. If the second sentence was "I speak English in a Korean accent.", then the meaning between the two would be the same. I have heard both forms, so I am not sure if one is more correct than the other. However, I don't know of any English speaker that wouldn't understand both sentences in the same way.
I agree that the first sentence is correct.
Hailey
English, Japanese, Korean