Sarah
Does anyone know of a software program where I can type pinyin and Mandarin characters for a MAC (10.4.
4
0
if you wanna to type pinyin with tone please read A if you wanna to type Chinese character please read B A: The software is called "sou gou pin yin",find it and setup(open www.baidu.com , type "sou gou pin yin"and search) . you can see a Panel list when you want to type Chinese by it. you can find a small keyboard icon on the list,and kick right botton on it,and chose the No5 item,then you can see a small soft-keyboard. the all pinyin is on it. Note:this sofeware can be used on the Chinese version windows system,I dont know whether it does work on the other version. B: This sofeware also can type Chinese character by pinyin,if it doesnot work.you can try this way. Control panel ---- Regions Languages----Language item ----- Detail info --- Add choose Chinese on the top item choose "Microsoft Pinyin 2003" on the lower item. this way usually can work on any version system , because it supply with microsoft.
if you wanna this input software directly,I 'd like to help you ,give me your email and make sure it can receive 5M annex .
some website can offer what you want
For mandarin: Tiger has build-in chinese input mathods. You can use these apps after enable them. Or you can use QIM. Feel free to ask me if you have any questions. :)
Sarah
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, French, Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), French, Spanish