Niko
The correct sound of the words as " elect,eventually eventual electricity event emerge" The correct sound of the words as " elect,eventually eventual electricity event emerge" ,the "e" in the forepart of them I'v heard two different sounds in different people pronouncing. I've heard sometimes, the "e" sound like the combination " er " in the word "per" , sometimes it like the "ee" in the words " feeling ,feet. meet ".Which is the correct pronouncing?
1
1
Strictly speaking the long 'e' (feet, meet) is the correct pronunciation. However the pronunciation will differ depending who you are talking to. Many people pronounce it the other way, especially when they are speaking informally. I use the wrong pronunciation when I am in a hurry. In all my years (and that's a lot of years) I've never heard anybody correcting the pronunciation of 'e', with one exception. I was in school and I took a class on speaking. The teacher was quite strict. I think he was an unhappy man, though.
Niko
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), Chinese (Other), English