Mark
The only thing I like, is that... Hi All I am have some trouble with this sentence for my diary entry. I have added what the sentence means to help with the conversion. "The only thing I like, is that I get a $100 daily food allowance." "The only thing I like" = subject. "The only thing" is described what "I like", in other words, "I like" is the adjective clause. "that" = "I get a $100 daily food allowance" (subjective complement). "get" = have (가지다), there is (있다) 유일하다: be only 유일한 (하나): only 음식 용돈: I added 구입 also (but not sure if I should use). 내가 좋아하는 유일한 건 하루에 100달러 음식 구입 용돈이를 있는 거야. 2) How would a native Korean speaker say this sentence? I hope I have given enough information what the sentence means. Thank you!  My diary entry in english is: I'm going to Melbourne on a business trip for 5 days. I hate business trips. The only thing I like, is that I get a $100 daily food allowance. So "the only thing I like" about going on business trips, "is that I get a $100 daily food allowance".  --------------------------------------- I left out 이다 at the end.. 내가 좋아하는 유일한 건 하루에 100달러 음식 구입 용돈이를 있는 거이야.
1
0
We don't say something like '귀여운 작은 것' because '귀여운' and '작은' *always* modify nouns. (어떤 would be an exception to this, e.g. 어떤 한 사람이 있었어) Here you use an adverb, '유일하게'. 내가 '유일하게' 좋아하는 건 : 닷새(5 days) 동안 하루 밥 세 끼 먹을 돈으로 100달러씩 받는 거야. 닷새 동안 밥 사먹을 돈으로 하루에 100달러씩 받는 거야. ...음식 구입할 돈으로 하루에 100달러씩 받는 거야(음식, 구입 are formal words) We miss out '이' in spoken Korean. You can write .....받는 것이다(formal writing) if you want to use '이'.
Mark
Korean