safaa
what is { in the bag } ? Everything is in the bag. There is nothing to worry about.
Mar 3, 2010 8:02 PM
4
0
To expand on Cherry's response: If everything is 'in the bag', it means that everything is in order. An example of a situation in where your sentence may take place is---- Place: The office where you work. You: "Oh no! I forgot to email my boss with my report!" Friend you work with: "Don't worry, everything is in the bag. There is nothing to worry about. I noticed you left work before emailing it last night so I did it for you." You: "Thank you so much!" I hope this will give you a better understanding of what it means. Keep in mind this is just one of many situations of where your sentence may be used. I hope my example wasn't too poorly constructed!
Simply put, it means that it's been taken care of and the person who was maybe worried about something, doesn't have to worry any more. It can also mean that an illegal method was used to obtain the result.
This superstition originated during the run of twenty-six consecutive victories made by the Giants (an American baseball team) in 1916, the significance of it resting in a belief that if the bag of baseball equipment was carried off the playing field at that stage of the game with the Giants in the lead the game was "in the bag" and therefore could not be lost.
Hello Safaa, If something is "in the bag" ,it is certainly achieved or it is safe and certain. In you example: Everything is alright ,safe, certain ,well planned ,so that the speaker is certain to get it or achieve it .
safaa
Arabic, English