Nattie
Life is what you make it. Is it true? "Life is hard or it's a party The choice is up to you" Miley thinks that life is under our control. And I agree with her. And what do you think?
Mar 11, 2010 6:43 PM
4
0
I'd have to say that some parts of our life are under our control, but others are obviously not. If you live in an area that is hit with an earthquake, the aftermath and cleanup operations might be partially under your control, but much of the disaster was totally outside your (or anybody's control). There are thousands of things in our life that are not under our control (getting cut off in traffic, a flat tire). The point is to control the things that you can. To say that all life is under our control flies in the face of obvious reality.
Quoting Reinhold Niebuhr, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference." We can't control everything; I'd take Miley's lyrics as meaning life can be what you perceive it. You could think it's too difficult, or instead relish the challenge.
Hi... We should say "Life could be what we make it"... It will be more appropriate....
Ofcourse, it's true! "Life is just you make it!" is a favorite words of my friend Natalie, who work in USA.
Nattie
English, German, Romanian, Russian, Ukrainian
English, German, Romanian