hamilton
Holy Smoke ? I heard that Bruce Welli - the leading actor in the film ,"The Kids" - used this expression "Holy Smoke" many times. Is this a common usage in US? Apart from that, is there any similar expressions I can use to express "Surprise !!" or "Something you can't believe happens".Hi, Domasala...thank you for sharing the further information on this. It's a very interesting point to know. I'll try to make up some while being with friends. ^_^ => Anything "holy" that would sound absurd (/impossible) will do. Just try it yourself. Hi, Domasla....sorry for the misspelling of your username in the previous post. ^^'' Hi, Toffler......thank you for the correction. I did't catch the word well, and it should be "Holy SmokeS !!"
Mar 19, 2010 9:04 AM
3
0
"Holy cow!" "Holy shit!" (I would expect this one from Bruce Willis) Anything "holy" that would sound absurd (/impossible) will do. Just try it yourself. "Holy bananas!"???
holy smoke: Used to express surprise.
Normally it's Holy smokes (notice the ending s). Yes, its fairly commonly used, along with the other 2 expressions Domasla said. As well as Holy jeezes Holy crap It's used as an explanation of surprise, shock, skepticism, disgust (usually accompanied by shock)
hamilton
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Taiwanese), English, Japanese