Katya
I can say question so: ''How are you? = Bagaimana kamu?'' or no?
Mar 19, 2010 3:04 PM
Hello, I am cynthia, I saw your brief details and decided to write you. I want to make a good friendship.I Feel we shall make a better introduction in our next communication. contact me through my email address ([email protected] ) for more details and my pictures. I will like to know you better for more personal information, please do not write me on this site because i do not visit the site all the time..kindly reply me with ([email protected] )i am waiting . Thanks
April 11, 2013
Salamat Katya, I haven't noticed my Indo friends using the phrase often, it sounds incomplete somehow. Cherry is spot-on with advising 'apa kabar' as the better option. I checked around some blogs to make sure, and "bagaimana kamu" does turn up as an incomplete sentence: eg, "...bagaimana kamu mengerti" ("...how you understand"). Kamusku punya: "bagaimana kabarnya", 'how are things' (how its news) dan "bagaimana dia sekarang", 'how is she now'. That may indicate your question could still be understood, but from my searches I don't see it commonly used that way. Keen for a native speaker's input here! :)
Hello Katya, You say: "Apa kabar" - " How are you " Apa kabar - "Good and you ?" Baik. Anda? The phrase "apa kabar" literally means "what (your) news". The word "apa" means "what" and the word "kabar" means "news". When translated, it means "how are you".
Katya
Indonesian, Russian
Indonesian