Jorge Ivan
Are "do you have / have you / have you got", all correct? Despite I've been learning English for too long, I still have this basic doubt. I want to be sure if I can use all of them
3
0
Combine the previous two answers. Suppose you were going to a vegetable stand and asking if they had tomatoes. "Have you tomatoes," would be extremely confusing to the person you were asking. "Have you got tomatoes," would be understood, but sounds incorrect and somewhat uneducated to my ear. "Do you have tomatoes," is by far your best option. I would use "do you have" in almost all cases, unless you hear someone using one of the others, then you can probably use it in the same context they did.
I assume you refer to possession here (Do you have time / Have you time / Have you got time). In that case all three are grammatically correct. However, the second option "have you" is very seldom used and would sound a bit "awkward" in everyday English.
Hey Jorge! They are all grammatically correct, but "do you have" and "have you" are used more often than the others. ^^
Jorge Ivan