- ahead of time: earlier / before the announced time:
'Be there ahead of time if you want to get a good seat.'
'We finished 15 minutes ahead of time.'
- We me at the appointed time (= at the announced or assigned time).
- take up time = to use up time
'I'm sorry to take up your time, but I really need your help.'
- up = finished
'When the time was up, we all had to stop writing and hand in our papers. Ç Time's up, everybody.'
- take your time: if you do not have to hurry, you can take your time
'Take your time, there's no rush.'
- spend time: to use your time for a particular purpose:
'I spend my time reading books.'
- pass the time: to find things to do so that the time passes quickly
'He's a bit bored in hospital - can you take something for him to pass the time?'
- at times: sometimes
'I feel quite sad at times.'