Danielle
How do you make the "verb" a subject? In English we can use the "verb" as a subject too (We might also bemearly just excluding the "subject" part of the sentence, but I don't know) ex:) "Running is a good way to get fit" "Singing is one thing I'm not good at" "Speaking Korean is really fun!" "Buying water is a waste of money!" In Korean, can you use a 'verb' as a subject? If so how do you do it? ><'
May 23, 2010 7:04 PM
Also you'll use verbs + 기 Ex) 달리다 + 기 = 달리기 말하다 + 기 = 말하기 Cause 기,것 after verbs make them nouns like nouns + ing in gerund.
"Running is a good way to get fit" 달리는 것은 ~~ (달리다) "Singing is one thing I'm not good at" 노래를 부르는 것은~~ (부르다) "Speaking Korean is really fun!" 한국어로 말하는 것은~~ (말하다) "Buying water is a waste of money!" 물을 사는 것은~~ (~을 사다) You can change a "verb" into a "noun" (gerund) as adding "것".
Danielle
English, French, Korean
French, Korean