Sasha
Is it better to die when you want to live, than to live when you want to die (Three Comrades by Erich)
May 25, 2010 9:17 PM
Is better die when you want to live. Because it's not a good thing to give up of the idea of life. Well, it's my opnion.
In my opinion, I would say its better to live when you want to die because life is the most beautiful gift.
The desire to die when you could live can be really strong, but it is not necessarily permanent. There's always hope that life will improve and you'll see things differently. But if you die when you wanted to live, there's no way back. But in a way, you can have no regret, since you cease to exist... This is a very philosophical question! :)
Hi Sasha, I remember this scene from the film. It is the final scene in which the two friends of the story are joined by their ghostly comrade. In war, soldiers preferred not to be taken prisoner as that fate was often worse than death by suicide.
Sasha
English, French, Russian, Ukrainian