chen
Everybody has gained some writing experience already if he has/had managed to write something down. Is there some problem with the tenses here in the sentence? If so, how do you fix/rewrite this sentence? sorry, the sentence was incomplete. It should be: "Everybody has gained some writing experience already if he has/had managed to write something down already."yeah i didn't notice that. :p i did put a lot of "alreadys" there, which is kind of crazy.... thanks DoraMaar, the site is helpful.
I totally agree with the "Meow" answer, I like it. Using your words , the sentence could be: "Everybody has already gained some writing experience, if he or she has managed to write something down ." (you have to notice the place of the word "already")
I am back to send you "the correct placement of past perfect adverbs" , they are marked with green colour : http://www.grammar-quizzes.com/past3b.html
You can also write: "Already everybody has gained some writing experience if he has/had managed to write something down."
besides, you have too many "alreadys" and you can not use simply "he" after "everybody" ("somebody"/ "anybody") - you have to use "he/she" or "he or she"
I would say "If somebody has simply written something down, it means he/she has already got some writing experience"