Azzy
Is 餛飩 a side dish or it can be used in a main meal? Also can we fry and eat it?
Yes it can both be a side dish and it can be a main meal. Since you can have fried wonton 鍋貼, I don't see why you can't fry 馄饨.... yum yum … i am hungry now… gee… :p
~~~~~哈哈~you are very funny~~~actually, you can do it ,and you know every food can be cooked by many way~~~but I dont know that it testes either delicious or to make you spit... Anyway,I think it is more like the frying dumpling.
OK, big debate, but yes lots of people fry them. I find them soggy if steamed. If you buy them in New Zealand as take-away food, they will be fried. Maybe it depends on which part of China you came from.
it can be a main meal,never saw anyone fry it before http://www.ccots.com.cn/userfiles/image/2009/03/20090317140317.jpg here is how it looks like as usual~hope you enjoy it^_^
Hello.if you have ever heard that saying"eating in Guangzhou",i think as a Cantonese i can give you some data about eating.馄饨also called 云吞here in my city.you can put many food in it.but usually we put pork in it.you can eat it after boiled and add some jam which taste matching it.also you can eat it with some noodle,it's famous in guangzhou called云吞面,so that it can be a main meal。also you can fry it ,and make it britte ,it's delicious too.if you feel it's too fat.also you can mix some jam to eat or drink something while eating.