Is it possible to be good friends with the opposite sex without getting involved in a romantic relationship?
It depends how attractive she is, surely?
I think one of the two "friends" will come to like the other one :( It's sad but it's true...
Yes it is possible,(personaly I don't often think so) but deep inside it's very difficult and it needs huge efforts to have a friendship with the other sex, I remember Woody Allen said, I can't be a friend with a woman, that I want to kiss her; (forgive my english)
of course that can happen. most of my closest buddies are women. (and I've never had a girlfriend before!:)))
I believe it would take a lot of discipline for a man I can be a true friend for a woman only: 1) if her appearance is unsatisfactory to consider her a possible lover 2) if she is much older 3) if she is much younger 4) if she is engaged in a relationship with another man 5) if I am engaged in a relationship with another woman in all the remaining cases I will consider her (all of them ^__^) as a potential partner