Thior
What do the better words could be used in the following sentence? Sentence: In the next year, company A will rapidly expand its business over the whole country. Consequently, ten more branches will be opened soon, and as a headquarter IT manager, he should be responsible for ____ the IT organization and system infrastructure to ensure a smooth operation and to provide an excellent IT services to all these branches.
The second sentence is very long. Consider breaking it into shorter statements. Who is 'he' ? Are you describing a particular person, or just giving a general description of the role of an IT manager? It changes the meaning slightly, but I'd remove the 'a' from 'a smooth operation'. 'excellent' IT services? As opposed to what - 'rubbish' IT services? In other words, is it really necessary to say this? The missing word: 'overseeing'.
Yes, as the others have said, the correct words are "overseeing" or "supervising." Also, the correct way to ask your question would be "What word should I use to complete the following sentence?" or "What word would be best to complete the following sentence?" Hope this helps! :)
In the following year, company A will rapidly expand its business over the whole country. Consequently, ten more branches will be opened, and as a headquarter IT manager, he should be responsible for overseeing the IT organization and system infrastructure to ensure smooth operation and to provide excellent IT services to all these branches.
supervising or overseeing
"What do the better words could be used in the following sentence?" What words could I better use in the following sentence? also - highlight the words which U would like to change. I think the sentence is OK. But I'm not a pro in eng.