Hisun
Are these four sentences correct? Which ones are better? 1. I wish I knew about you as much you as you know about me. 2. I wish I would know about you as much as you know about me. 3. I wish I could make you feel as angry as you are making me feel. 4. I wish I would make you feel as angry as you are making me feel.
Dec 17, 2007 8:11 AM
2
0
I can pick out which ones sound right since I'm a native speaker, though sorry I can't help with explaining why they're right. "I wish I would" sounds odd (though it might be correct) so I wouldn't use sentences 2 or 4. But sentence 3 is perfect, and sentence 1 is great, though to make it sound slightly better I'd switch the word order around to "I wish I knew as much about you as you know about me." Hope that helped. :)
December 17, 2007
A native speaker would not say "I wish I could," it makes the meaning less on intention and more on ability, which I don't think is what you're trying to say. 1 and 3 are quite good.
December 27, 2007
Hisun
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Cantonese), English, Japanese
Chinese (Cantonese), English, Japanese