kelly
what the difference among "asset,capital and proferty"? I want to know ,pls kindly give me examples.
Mar 19, 2008 7:31 AM
1
0
Asset = 资产 Capital = 资本 ... Regarding property, there are many types eg. 地产,房产, 财产, 知识产 (intellectual property). From an accounting & finance point of view, Property is part of Assets. Capital is what the owners of a business put into the business. To illustrate: Joe invested $1mil capital into his new company. Of that, $100,000 was put aside to meet future expenses. $900,000 was used to purchase various assets, of which $700,000 went to buying investment properties and $200,000 to motor vehicles. The above is in relation to accounting & finance. There are other uses for those words. Eg1. Mark is so hardworking, he's definitely an asset to the company. Eg2 n many countries, 1st degree murder is a capital offence (ie. punishment is death sentence if caught). Eg3 Who said you could take my MP3 player? Keep your hands off my property! Hope this helps.
kelly
Chinese (Mandarin), Chinese (Shanghainese), English, French, Japanese
English, French, Japanese